Saturday, August 11, 2012

Psych 700/Introduction















Monica Helms
Psych 700-Fall 2012

Hello, my name is Monica Helms. I'm currently enrolled in the PhD program in Media Psychology. I'm thrilled to be a part of a ground breaking degree in a field wide with possibilities.

I grew up in Kansas, moved across the U.S., lived overseas and currently reside in Orlando, Florida. Primarily, I've worked as a creative director in both music business and advertising. Having no formal training in psychology, I've relied on consumer trends and buying habits to formulate my psychology experience. Researching the consumer and their responses to media design has impacted my career substantially. 

I'm excited to pursue knowledge in augmented reality, narrative and social media to develop ways creatives and non-creatives can work together. More specifically, I would like to research ways in which social media and augmented reality could revive music business. Is it possible to change a single song society loyal to a "single song" to consumers loyal to an "artist," therefore reviving a diminishing field?

Ultimately, my goal in the program is to succeed through broadening my scope, depth and interests both with social responsibility and foundational growth. In this way, I hope to take what impacts me and impact others.


Education::
B.S. Music Business/Promotions and Marketing 
Belmont University, Nashville, TN

Graduate Diploma Visual Communications and Graphic Design
Scuola Internazionale di Grafica, Venice, Italy





























No comments:

Post a Comment